Aaron Wluka's Blog
With lots of homes out there and more foreclosed homes coming to the market, home sellers are always looking out for ways to expedite the home selling process. Statistics show that most homebuyers make their decisions in the first few minutes they get to a home. Consequently, experts advise home sellers to invest cash in remodeling their homes and installing features that appeal to a higher percentage of homebuyers.
The greatest fear of a home seller is having his property sit on the market forever. Here are a few buy-me-now features for every homebuyer seek.
Top Features to Make Your Home Sell Fast
- Extra Storage in Garage. Homebuyers have long dropped the trend of using the basement as storage. Instead, they now look for a more convenient place which can double as storage and workshop. Yes, you guessed it – a garage with extra space. Installing features like cabinets, shelving units, and the likes make the home more appealing to potential homebuyers. Convenience is the trend!
- Inviting Exterior. Your home exterior tells potential buyers all they need to know. You could have a fantastic interior décor and still scare potential buyers off with poor unappealing exterior features. Be sure to pay attention to your door and its hardware, mailbox, and most importantly, the lighting. A well-illuminated home sells faster and better than one with poor lighting.
- Hardwood Flooring. Wood floors have to be the most desirable feature in a home. Statistics show that homes with hardwood flooring have the propensity to seller faster and at a higher cost compared to other homes in the same neighborhood. Why? It is because hardwood flooring is durable, easy to maintain, and they make the home pop. It immediately creates a statement as visitors walk into your home.What's more? They complement just about any interior design. Who wouldn't want a home with such an amazing feature?
- Sophisticated Kitchen. The kitchen is the heart of the home. No wonder homebuyers are willing to put out more cash to secure a house with a modern kitchen. As a home seller looking to expedite the buying process, this is an excellent place on which to focus. You also get the opportunity to upsell the property. Be sure to make the kitchen as sophisticated as possible. Homebuyers want a kitchen with ample storage space. Features like modern countertops, pantries with abundant space, hidden storage for utensils are your best shot at closing the deal sooner.
Giving your home a lift – both indoors and outdoors - increases your chances of attracting potential buyers. And the more potential buyers you have, the higher your chances of upselling the home. Invest in your home today!
The function and safety of your home can be increased tremendously when you change some specific indoor and outdoor items on time. To automate the process, simply make sure these six home improvement tasks are added to your calendar, to remind you of whatever necessary home updates you need to carry out.
1. CO2 and Smoke Detectors
While CO2 detectors last up to seven years, smoke detectors can last up to 10 years. Properly functioning smoke detectors can significantly increase your chances of surviving a house fire by as much as 50 percent. While you replace these devices regularly, you should also remember to change the batteries in both detectors at least once a year.
2. Fire Extinguisher
If you use a rechargeable fire extinguisher, it can serve you for as long as six years. Disposable fire extinguishers, on the other hand, have a have a shelf life of 12 years. Always check the pressure gauges of your fire extinguishers at least once monthly to ensure that they still work and that they remain charged or full. Replace the extinguishers as required.
3. Water Filters
Your refrigerator's water filters should be replaced twice a year while you should change that of your portable water pitcher every two months or after 40 gallons of use, whichever comes first, while that of the total house system should be changed every four to six months to reduce your exposure to harmful bacteria and chemicals.
4. Washing Machine
If well cleaned and maintained correctly, your washing machine should last between eight to twelve years. You may carry out routine maintenance tasks such as changing the door gasket or tightening water connections behind the unit to prevent leaks. The need to balance the machine may also arise, or if it makes extreme noise, a replacement of the motor mount.
A good dishwasher can last as long as ten years if it's regularly cleaned and maintained. If you would like to save on your energy and water bills, you should consider replacing your dishwasher around year eight after purchase.
6. Clothes Dryer
You should switch out your entire dryer once every eight to 10 years. But before then, you can replace any faulty parts such as the drive belt, drum roller, blower wheel, and heating element when it needed. The dryer vent should also be cleaned after each use to improve the dryer’s effectiveness.
Simply set reminders for all these tasks and watch the process become a lot easier for you.
People find themselves in small rooms for various reasons. Many people can only afford a small apartment, and they are happy about it. People in small apartments, however, do need to be creative to get the best of their spaces. Creativity is necessary when it comes to decoration and arranging your area to make it organized. With this, everything will be in order without feeling choked up. If you are looking to make your small space look bigger, here are some tips for you:
- Clean Out the Clutter: With excessive loads, a small area does look cramped. Look for ways of getting things out of sight. Use the shelves; keep things behind the door and table skirts. With everything hidden out of sight, there will be a neat and orderly room that is pleasant to behold.
- Use a Monochromatic Color Scheme. Only go with the same classes of colors. Be sure to apply the same families of colors to the texture finishes, upholstery fabrics, tonal drapery fabrics, etc. One can also get a warm and open look by going for cool and delicate colors.In using contrasting colors, there is a big chance of breaking a space. Also, it is necessary that the colors of the furniture match the wall color.
- Let Light in. A well-lit room will look more significant. The light can either be artificial or natural. Heavy draperies are not advisable. Also, be sure to let light in by keeping windows open. One can also use track lighting and install more lights.
- See through Spaces. Using materials that are see-through will make things beyond look far away. In a small bathroom, for instance, it is not recommended to use an opaque glass shower, instead, use a clear one, without a frame. The room, although being small will look bigger.
- Keep Upholstery Plain. Rather than bold plaids, prints or stripes employ plain colored upholstery for furniture. Neutral tones are the best and make use of texture as well.
- Light and Airy Fabrics. The best recommendation is to make use of sheer fabric that gives the light a through passage. These fabrics are best used in table covers, furniture slipcovers and through window treatments. Soft floral vines or simple stripes can also be used instead of solid colors.
One can get creative to spice things up in a small apartment and make it bigger. Be sure to take the above recommendations and spice things up in your home. Speak with an interior decorator today for more tips on how to arrange your room.
A handyman is an expert at fixing things broken. He or she is a necessity, the option you choose when you cannot fix that broken doorknob, or perhaps, the mold you just wiped off. It is okay to do it yourself, but necessary to accept when it's beyond your control.
Here are five reasons to hire a handyman rather than doing it yourself:
1. Saves time
The time you waste trying to do it yourself could be spent doing something more productive. For instance, if the doorknob is broken, trying to fix it yourself could take hours or more. If you end up not repairing it, you've wasted valuable time. Contacting a handyman eliminates that problem.
2. Training and expertise
Whatever the problem may be, a handyman is always ready to provide a lasting solution. Whether it is an electrical issue, plumbing work, installation, etc., it's better to have a professional with years of experience and expertise on your side.
3. Personalized service
One of the main reasons to hire a handyman is to get someone who understands what you need, can work with you, and adequately explain your options. Working closely with your handyman ensures you end up receiving quality service. Today, many people rely on the services of a handyman because of how satisfying the results are.
4. Good craftsmanship
A handyman knows his craft and aims to make sure customers aren't disappointed in any way. Their goal is to establish an excellent working relationship. In cases whereby issues or confusion arises, your handyman is there to shed more light and provide a solution. So, when looking for a handyman, ensure you go for the best in your city.
A handyman can work on virtually anything around the home. He can help hang artworks on the wall, paint touch ups, change the light fixture, install a new faucet, clean the gutters, assemble furniture, and accomplish your entire ‘to do' list for a bargained fee.
A handyman is a life saver. He can fix anything, and avert small issues from escalating into a disaster. There are lots of handymen in your locality, do some research and connect with the best one you find. Stop trying to fix those technical household issues and hire a handyman today.